We perceive our world through sensory input. What happens to that world when only one perception receives input? Soundscapes: a new idea, currently under development, as I experiment with the ways poetry, stories and other forms of creative writing can be conveyed using only our perception of sound.
The story is binaural, so I recommend wearing headphones for the full effect. In the spirit of Hallowe’en, I give you “Binaural Eerie” a trip through the experience of another world.
WARNING: There will be more of these.
Sounds mixed by NIKOtheOrb using Audacity.
All sounds and effects from Freesound.org, voices recorded by NIKOtheOrb and guest.
“Laughter” at the end by FXProSound
Music From: BeatsRoyaltyFree.com, Title: Someone Knows; Artist: Pitbulljones
*Artwork from AshenSorrow Stock Art Resources
All music, sounds, and effects used with permission under Creative Commons License, public domain.
- Blowin’ In The Wind (nikotheorb.wordpress.com)
- How sound and smell can create perfect harmony (guardian.co.uk)
- Binaural Beats (silveroftheluna.wordpress.com)
- Alienated Sensory Mashup. (geneabailey.wordpress.com)
- Robots That Perceive The World As Humans (eurasiareview.com)