“To know a species, look at its fears. To know yourself, look at your fears. Fear in itself is not important, but fear stands there and points you in the direction of things that are important. Don’t be afraid of your fears, they’re not there to scare you; they’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” ~C. Joybell C.
“The way to embody love completely is to see and appreciate life just as it is, and not as you believe, fear, or desire it to be.” ~Eric Micha’el Leventhal
*Made using Quozio
Ultimately there is light and love and intelligence in this universe. And we are it, we carry that within us, it’s not just something out there, it is within us and this is what we are trying to re-connect with, our original light and love and intelligence, which is who we are, so do not get so distracted by all this other stuff, you know, really remember what we are here on this planet for. ~Tenzin Palmo
Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could. ~Louise Erdrich
Actually, it was back on February 24, 2013 that Dr. Juanita Lewis presented this award to NIKOtheOrb. I have been on a bit of a hiatus throughout that time (but have been, of late, contributing to EXPLORINGtheLATERAL, if you’d like to see some of what we’ve been up to).
My apologies for taking some months to thank The Metaphysician (a great blog, by the way, and if I could, I’d add her to the list of 15 blogs the rules require I appoint). In reading through your blog, the list of other appointed blogs to whom you bestowed this (well-deserved for them all, if you ask me) award, and the many comments and compliments you received, I am humbled to be among such great company.
And now for the rules: 1. Post a logo of the award received. [check]; 2. link back to the person who presented the award. [check — see above paragraphs and just for good measure, here you go]; 3. appoint 15 other bloggers for the award. [this will not be difficult as that includes just about everyone I follow at WP. For the list, see below]; and 4. tell 7 things about yourself [without running the risk (and lazy thing to do) of repeating myself with the 5 things I listed when the wonderful Kozo presented this blog with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I will do my best to give 7 new things about myself, as best as I can. No promises, though. :-D]
15 Well-Deserved Blogs and Bloggers to whom this Award is appointed and no words could accurately capture the greatness of their blogs:
1. Everyday Gurus—Everyday, Everywhere We Are Guided Towards Happiness
2. The Liberated Way—Liberty, Wisdom, Creativity (love the look of the new site!)
3. Carla R. Herrera—(some of the best creative writing on WP)
4. Holistic Words—Inspirational Words for the Holistic Mind
5. physics4me—“Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler”, Albert Einstein
6. Riding effortlessly on a large green turtle—Tall Tales of Travel, Spirit, Love, and Poetry
7. RD Revilo—Conscious Thought: Driven by Intelligent Awareness
8. bodhisattvaintraining—inner workings of an untamed mind
9. Walking No Line-–Wandering here and there, wondering at this and that, trying to find my Way.
10. Utopia or Dystopia—where past meets future
11. TreeYo Permaculture—Sustainability Education and Ecological Design
12. rarasaur—. . .frightfully wonderous things happen here.
13. EXPLORINGtheLATERAL—We live in the forest and all of our possessions fit in our backpacks [shameless plug]
14. Mind Hacks—Neuroscience and psychology tricks to find out what’s going on inside your brain.
15. h-madness—This blog follows the history of psychiatry
7 Things About Me:
1. I live with SchizoAffective Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
2. I spend nearly everyday in the woods, walking barefoot, breathing in the trees and the soil. It’s how I keep my sanity.
3. I don’t know the names of many of the animals and insects I see in the woods, but I know much of their behavior and habits.
4. I produce and edit a nature show on YouTube (and EXPLORINGtheLATERAL) exploring our adventures in the forests, particularly hard to witness activity with birds, insects, chipmunks, snakes, turtles, and the like. We’re right down on the ground with the animals. 5. My favorite number is the Fibonacci Sequence.
6. I love to watch old science fiction films like Metropolis and THX 1138.
7. I am fortunate enough to spend every moment of everyday with my boyfriend, just hanging out.
Put a little love in your heart. . .
Sunday Afternoon Drive: a new series.
This is episode one of a new series featuring video taken while on the road (style is documentary/music video kind of a feel).