We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha
Actually, it was back on February 24, 2013 that Dr. Juanita Lewis presented this award to NIKOtheOrb. I have been on a bit of a hiatus throughout that time (but have been, of late, contributing to EXPLORINGtheLATERAL, if you’d like to see some of what we’ve been up to).
My apologies for taking some months to thank The Metaphysician (a great blog, by the way, and if I could, I’d add her to the list of 15 blogs the rules require I appoint). In reading through your blog, the list of other appointed blogs to whom you bestowed this (well-deserved for them all, if you ask me) award, and the many comments and compliments you received, I am humbled to be among such great company.
And now for the rules: 1. Post a logo of the award received. [check]; 2. link back to the person who presented the award. [check — see above paragraphs and just for good measure, here you go]; 3. appoint 15 other bloggers for the award. [this will not be difficult as that includes just about everyone I follow at WP. For the list, see below]; and 4. tell 7 things about yourself [without running the risk (and lazy thing to do) of repeating myself with the 5 things I listed when the wonderful Kozo presented this blog with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I will do my best to give 7 new things about myself, as best as I can. No promises, though. :-D]
15 Well-Deserved Blogs and Bloggers to whom this Award is appointed and no words could accurately capture the greatness of their blogs:
1. Everyday Gurus—Everyday, Everywhere We Are Guided Towards Happiness
2. The Liberated Way—Liberty, Wisdom, Creativity (love the look of the new site!)
3. Carla R. Herrera—(some of the best creative writing on WP)
4. Holistic Words—Inspirational Words for the Holistic Mind
5. physics4me—“Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler”, Albert Einstein
6. Riding effortlessly on a large green turtle—Tall Tales of Travel, Spirit, Love, and Poetry
7. RD Revilo—Conscious Thought: Driven by Intelligent Awareness
8. bodhisattvaintraining—inner workings of an untamed mind
9. Walking No Line-–Wandering here and there, wondering at this and that, trying to find my Way.
10. Utopia or Dystopia—where past meets future
11. TreeYo Permaculture—Sustainability Education and Ecological Design
12. rarasaur—. . .frightfully wonderous things happen here.
13. EXPLORINGtheLATERAL—We live in the forest and all of our possessions fit in our backpacks [shameless plug]
14. Mind Hacks—Neuroscience and psychology tricks to find out what’s going on inside your brain.
15. h-madness—This blog follows the history of psychiatry
7 Things About Me:
1. I live with SchizoAffective Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
2. I spend nearly everyday in the woods, walking barefoot, breathing in the trees and the soil. It’s how I keep my sanity.
3. I don’t know the names of many of the animals and insects I see in the woods, but I know much of their behavior and habits.
4. I produce and edit a nature show on YouTube (and EXPLORINGtheLATERAL) exploring our adventures in the forests, particularly hard to witness activity with birds, insects, chipmunks, snakes, turtles, and the like. We’re right down on the ground with the animals. 5. My favorite number is the Fibonacci Sequence.
6. I love to watch old science fiction films like Metropolis and THX 1138.
7. I am fortunate enough to spend every moment of everyday with my boyfriend, just hanging out.